Sunday, February 25, 2007

Wireless Internet @ Home!!

Special thanks to Zoro, Stretch, & Me Too's mom for the great suggestion on wireless internet! Backstory: I called Comcast about wireless internet and they would be happy to set it up for me for $179.00 and I would have to be there and then they would have to check this and that and then I would have to rent the equipment from them for $5 a month.

Well, retelling this story, the above cats' mom said, "just go to Best Buy and do it all there!" So off I went today and spend $80 on equipment (including a self-install kit) and they signed me up with Comcast. I was in and out in literally under 20 minutes! And, because I had Best Buy do the activation, I am paying $19.95 / month for 3 months! Stupid Comcast person!

And my glasses were not the correct prescription - I was always walking uphill - so I went and ordered new glasses and a new contact prescription and hoping this goes better. Very annoyed with the glasses people, too!!

O.k. I think I'm done bitching... for now...

But on a happier note, we had our first post-knitting store class / knitting group on Sat morning and had a great time! It is nice to see everyone again and catch up on the gossip! Not that we ever gossip, though...

Off to finish laundry! But now that I have wireless at home, I will be updating this blog on a much more regular basis so check back often and be sure to leave some comments!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I had a great time at the knit-in; looking forward to this Saturday. Ene's scarf is making headway (or I am; one or the other, anyway). Nice to mix in with members of your other classes.

Good thing you asked for the lights to be turned up! None of us had ever thought of that.

Bear is manically chasing a straw around; she just ran by, holding it in her teeth. Soul is taking it all in from on top of the couch.

Anonymous said...

Glad suggestion paid off! Now get glasses fixed and the world will look a little less off-kilter!!

Enjoyed seeing everyone yesterday too. Now I just need to find more knitting time!!

ZMS Mom

knitwithcats said...

I just spent 4 hours setting up my wireless network - what a pain in the ass!! But I'm up and running and very happy about that - it all almost ended up smashed in the street! Computers are my friends... Computers are my friends...

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you have wireless at home so you can stay in touch more regularly ..... oh wait.... we haven't heard from you since!!!! Haha

knitwithcats said...

o.k. smart asses!! i have been busy at my mom's and tonight at laura's but tomorrow night i will update!! i promise!!

Anonymous said...

yeah, well, it's tomorrow night already. Your blog readers are ready for an update.

knitwithcats said...

who needs enemies...